"I have never seen anything that would resemble this crime, with the brutality and the manner they did it," said West Palm Beach Police Lt. Chuck Reed, a 29 year police veteran.
Lets remind ourselves of the heinous crimes that occurred June 18, 2007. Yes, I know it is hard to read but READ IT, ALL OF IT:
- A group of armed young men forced their way into their home, after telling her the tires on her car were flat.
- The rapists repeatedly gang raped her and beat them both for approximately three hours.
- They forced her to perform oral sex on her son.
- They smashed a plate over his head and repeatedly beat the victims with fists and glass objects.
- The rapists poured ammonia on her in attempt to destroy DNA evidence and chemicals into the boy's eyes.
- They forced them to lie naked together in the bathtub, hit them with a broom and a gun and threatened to set them on fire.
- About 48 hours after the attack, the boy was immobile in a hospital bed, a 1 1/2 -inch scar stitched across the top left of his skull and bandages covering both eyes.
- They boldly took cell phone pictures to record their violent, immoral and sadistic acts.
- They stole her purse, phones and jewelry; then stole someone else's car from the complex in order to escape.
- The victims walked a mile to Good Samaritan Medical Center.