- From June 18, 2006 to June 18, 2007 717 calls to law enforcement were made regarding Dunbar Village public housing complex.
- HUD send out a survey to Dunbar Village residents asking about safety. Of those who responded, the consensus was that there were safety issues and they didn't feel safe.
- June 18, 2007 a Haitian single mother was gang raped, her 12-year-old son was beaten. Mother and son were forced to perform sex acts with each other. Chemicals were poured in his eyes, in the mother (to gt rid of possible DNA evidence) and the rapists searched for a lighter (presumably to light mom and son on fire).
- Only four of the rapists have been caught. Anywhere from two to four are still on the loose.
- State Representative Priscilla Taylor requested HUD get rid of West Palm Beach Housing Authority Commissioner Laurel Robinson and the board. They replied that WPBHA has been and continues to be a top performer.
- In November 2007, a male attacked his pregnant ex-girlfriend with a metal crowbar. Days later he was apprehended by police in Dunbar Village. It leads one to believe he felt relatively safe from getting caught when he returns to the scene of his crime.
- At least one child ate paint chips off the wall. WPBHA's fix was to simply paint over it with the same chipping, cheap paint.
- Residents have called the property manager and received no response. They resorted to calling the mayor's office in hopes City Hall could get the property manager to acknowledge the concerns of the residents. Even then, it still took over two weeks for a response.
- The residents, led by a strong and resourceful Ms. Grenwood, have decided they are done with this commissioner and her board. The townhall meeting will consist of talking directly to a HUD representative to speak of their concerns and complaints. And also, demand their elected officials represent them.
- The residents want Laurel Robinson and the entire board removed from their positions.
FED UP WITH BEING VICTIMIZED! FED UP WITH BEING IGNORED!
Friday, December 14, 2007
WHY we're doing this?
Posted by Anonymous at 1:32 PM